First, the requirements for the installation of O-rings (O-shaped rubber seals)
Before installing the O-ring (O-ring rubber seal), check the following:
1. Whether the lead angle is processed according to the drawing, whether the sharp edge is chamfered or rounded;
2. Whether the inner diameter is deburring or not;
3. Whether the seals and parts have been coated with grease or lubricating fluid (to ensure the compatibility of the elastomer, it is recommended to use the sealed liquid to lubricate);
4. Do not use greases containing solid additives, such as molybdenum disulfide or zinc sulfide.
Second, manual installation of O-rings (O-shaped rubber seals):
1. Use tools without sharp edges;
2. Ensure that the O-ring (O-type rubber seal) is not twisted, and do not excessively stretch the O-ring (O-type rubber seal);
3. Try to use an auxiliary tool to install the O-ring (O-type rubber seal) and ensure correct positioning;
4. For O-rings (O-ring rubber seals) bonded with a sealing strip, do not stretch at the joint.
Third, the installation of screws, splines, etc.
1. When the O-ring (O-ring rubber seal) is stretched, the mounting mandrel must be used when passing screws, splines, keyways, etc. The mandrel can be made of soft, smooth metal or plastic without burrs or sharp edges.
2. When installing the pressing screws, tighten the screws symmetrically and do not tighten them in the direction.